4K-12 Technology Integration Coach
School District of South Milwaukee
Intel Master Teacher
Session Evaluation: Session Evaluation
Welcome Activity (15)Introductions and Goals for Workshop
Add bookmark of this page to your HOME SCREEN
Overview of iPad 2 (15)
- Hardware Controls
- Multitasking (Hidden/Helpful Controls)
- Orientation/Mute Switch (how to change)
- Home Button (1 Press vs 2 Press)
- Sleep vs Power On/Off
- Taking A Screenshot
- Tap & Hold on Apps
- Tap & Hold over text
- Select, Select All
- Cut, Copy, Paste
- Making Folders
- Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Store > Automatic Downloads
How to find and download Apps
Activity 1: Create a Video (30)
- Record video and take pictures using Camera App
- Vertical vs Horizontal
- Where do video/pictures go?
- Download the Splice App for iOS (Note: this is optimized for iPhone, but works well on iPad.)
- TASK: Shoot video and pictures. Go around the school.
yourself to your students using video. Show your classroom. Something
to post to YouTube that you can embed on your teacher website?
three colleagues: How might you use an iPad in your roll as an
educator? Pictures of building? Welcome video for students?
- Either upload the video clip raw to your YouTube account or Edit the video using Splice
- BONUS for Splice Editors: Export your project to your camera roll. Then upload it to YouTube.
Activity 2: Annotate an eBook (30)
iBooks (Apple product, only on iOS devices)
- Why iBooks is the Best Ever (Blog Post)
- Navigation: TOC, brightness, text size, search, bookmarks, bringing up the tools
- Annotations / Notes / Highlighting
iBooks to download
- iPad 2 Starter Guide (MacWorld)
- In iBooks, go to STORE > TOP CHARTS > FREE and pick a few others to download
Kindle (Amazon product, available on all types of devices)
BONUS: Search your annotations, and cut-and-paste them... or save and share them using another service, like Evernote. Activity 3: ScreenCasting on your iPad (15)
- Screencasting is an activity that addresses many 21st Century skills and fits in with all areas of the curriculum.
- Please read this blog post from Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano on using screencasting apps on the iPad and how this activity addresses so many literacies. You will also find reviews for three screencasting apps currently available in the iTunes store.
- Download ScreenChomp
- Take a photo with your iPad and use that photo to create a screencast using ScreenChomp.
- Share the screencast with a friend
Activity 4: Edit a Google Doc (30)
BONUS: Click on the downward chevron and select "use desktop version" to have access to additional features.
Optional: Try creating a Form, which can easily be filled out on an iPad (for custom walk throughs or rubrics).
App Share (15)
- Google Translate
- Tour Wrist
- Science 360
- Sketch Explorer
- Interactive Stories
- Evernote Peek
- Pulse news
- QR Code reader (i-Nigma)
- Lots more!
More Activities: Elective (15)
Visit Apptivities.org and browse for something relevant to you or your students.
Reflection Activity (15)
How do you plan to use the iPad in your role as an educator?
How do you plan to use it with students?