In this activity we will produce a short movie about a duel.
- Break up into groups of three--choose one to be the camera operator and two actors.
- You are going to create a movie about two people playing rocks paper scissors. Before you begin, decide what the stakes are, and come up with a surprise ending.
- Download the free app Storyboard
- Storyboard your movie using only the following types of shots
- wide shot showing both actors facing each other
- over the shoulder
- Close up on the hands
- close up on the face
When shooting follow the 180 degree rule. Once you establish your first shot there is an imaginary line bisecting the two actors in conversation. The camera cannot move beyond that line.
- Provide a few seconds before and after each shot to allow some time for editing.
Download the Splice App
for iOS (Note: this is optimized for iPhone, but works well on iPad.)
BONUS: Export your project to your camera roll. Then upload it to YouTube.